leadership & governance
Leadership and Governance is one of 13 workstreams funded by Capacitybuilders to improve support to the third sector.
Each workstream aims to ensure that third sector support providers are equipped to provide high quality support services to frontline organisations.
Improving Support brings together practical resources for those providing support to third sector organisations. Support covers an array of resources for the third sector including campaigning, income generation and leadership and governance.
The Leadership and Governance workstream focuses on strengthening the ability of support providers to provide development support in governance and leadership in order to increase the effectiveness of third sector organisations. This workstream is led by National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) and partnered by ACEVO and the Community Sector Coalition (CSC).
Key aims of governance workstream
The main objectives of this project is to:
- provide support on leadership and governance to increase the effectiveness of frontline organisations
- promote good leadership and governance practices by support providers and frontline organisations
Benefits for support providers
Infrastructure organisations will benefit from this workstream in a number of ways. These benefits include:
- improved leadership and governance knowledge
- an awareness of opportunities and approaches to community sector leadership development
- a better understanding of the requirement for governance systems and regulation
- an increase in the supply of trustees to boards, and an increased understanding of ways to support better recruitment and induction procedures
- cross-sector learning of innovative, effective, and sustainable leadership practices
More information on the Improving Support Leadership and Governance workstream can be found on the Improving Support website. Access ACEVO’s Leadership and Governance resources for this workstream here.