income generation programme
Over the next two years our programme of activities will include:
Trading and Enterprise
- A programme to raise awareness and understanding of social enterprise in VCS (Voluntary Community Sector) infrastructure.
- An online and peer-to-peer training programme looking at practical support for community sector trading in greater detail.
- A diagnostic tool to help support providers assess the viability of a social enterprise activity.
- An accessible guide for support providers and frontline organisations on the tax implications of trading.
The Acquisition and Management of Assets
- A programme to cascade asset transfer expertise to support providers throughout the regions.
- A training programme focusing on best practice in the management of community assets.
Commissioning, Procurement and Financial Management
- A ‘train the trainer’ programme to build advisory skills around procurement and commissioning for key support providers, called Winning Bigger Buck for Your Bang.
- A series of best practice commissioning case studies.
- A Procurement Champions Network or special interest group for experienced commissioning and procurement advisers and support workers.
- Research and action learning pilots around how support providers can assist the development of partnerships and consortia for commissioning and service delivery.
- Pilot work around benchmarking levels of organisational capacity to assist support providers in advising frontline groups in costing and pricing their bids.
Developing and Connecting Infrastructure
- Regional meetings to connect social enterprise support providers, VCS support providers and business advisers.
- Consultancy for the organisational development of social enterprise infrastructure.
- Roundtable meetings to link leaders from support providers with commissioners to build improved partnerships and mutual understanding.
Download information about all the Income Generation projects.
< Return to previous page