Procurement & commissioning publications & factsheets
ACEVO is producing a range of factsheets and publications on Commissioning and Procurement. They can all be downloaded here:
- An Introduction to Procurement and Commissioning [Download PDF document, 830kb]
A basic introduction to the issues raised by the governmental procurement processes and what this means for the third sector.
- The Commissioning Cycle [Download PDF document, 639kb]
Commissioning and procurement are cyclical and recurring processes that typically follow the pattern outlined in this factsheet.
- The Complete Dictionary of Commissioning and Procurement (Download PDF document, 692kb)
A glossary of key terms regularly used in commissioning and procurement processes, including relevant, monitoring, negotiation and financial terminology.
- Making Public Procurement Work For The Supplier (Download PDF document, 726KB)
A Legal Guide to Porcurement Law and Process produced by Bates Wells and Braithwate.
- How to Be Successful: An Introduction to Procurement (Download PDF document, 1,050kb)
A guide to successfully approaching procurement processes, produced for us by a local authority procurement officer.
- How to Write a Winning Tender (Download PDF document, 1,065kb)
How to approach writing a tender to ensure it has a better chance of being successful and helping you win business.
- Getting Round The Table (Download PDF document, 1,032KB)
A guide to realising new opportunities and finding local solutions to national problems by brokering relationships with commissioners in order to ensure the delivery of public services by the third sector.
- Private Sector Commissioning [Download PDF document, 1mb]
A guide to how some third sector organisations could market services to the private sector and avoid local authority procurement processes altogether
- Really Intelligent Commissioning [Download PDF document, 770kb]
This thinkpiece on really intelligent commissioning was written by Hilary Barnard of HBMC for participants in the Leadership Enhancement Programme for Integrated Youth Support Services.
- Involving small groups in public service delivery and engaging with procurement and commissioning opportunities [Download PDF document, 1mb]
There are a number of barriers which make it difficult for smaller third sector organisations to win contracts and get involved in public service delivery. This factsheet examines what actions smaller groups can take to overcome those barriers and looks at some opportunities which are open to them.
- Collaborative Working Methods [Download PDF document 1.3MB]
This fact sheet includes a basic evaluation of the business models and structures that will enable collaborative working and the creation of opportunities for small organisations to continue to be involved in public service delivery. This factsheet explores the policy drivers promoting change and highlights how a number of third sector organisations around the country are delivering sustainable public services that provide excellent examples of how this change can be realised.