Supporting Infrastructure Organisations to Build Third Sector Consortium
Working in collaboration with other third sector service public service providers through the development of consortia is a very important way for the sector to access public service procurement opportunities.
Being part of the consortium can offer the following benefits:
- Offering a service at a scale a commissioner wants to purchase
- Sharing expertise
- Financial security
- Business development and expansion
- A sustainable role for infra-structure organisations as the hub of the consortia
Of course we recognise that developing a consortium also require a lot of work to ensure they are developed successfully. This is why we are offering a Consortia Business Development Programme and a programme of training seminars around the country.
Supporting Consortium Development
In order to support the development of Third Sector Consortium ACEVO, in partnership with the Social Investment Business and Voluntary Action Sheffield is offering a number of packages of business development support, valued at over £5000 to third sector infra-structure support providers who wish to work with the groups they support to develop consortia approaches aimed at securing contracts from local or national public sector bodies to deliver public service contracts. We want to help support both the establishment of brand new consortia and to help newly formed consortia find their feet and bid for their first contracts.
The bespoke package of support we can offer could include consultancy and mentoring support related to:
- Approaching potential consortium members
- Organising your first meetings
- Developing your consortia agreement and legal framework
- Considering quality assurance
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Developing a business plan
- Financial planning
- Accessing finance
- Bidding for contracts
In order to access this package, valued at over £5000 we require a 10% contribution of £500 in order for you to demonstrate your commitment to fully engaging with the process. To download an application form click here.
Once completed, please return application forms to email@example.com.
The final date we will consider applications is 04/06/2010 but we may be able to fast track exceptional applications who make a clear case for this.
Consortium Development Training Seminars
In partnership with Neil Coulson of the Social Investment Business and Voluntary Action Sheffield we will be offering two training seminars on how to go about setting up third sector consortium. These events are based on Voluntary Action Sheffield's Third Sector Consortium Toolkit.
Produced by VAS, in association with Neil Coulson Associates, the Consortium Development Toolkit provides a practical, step by step guide to setting up an effective, fit-for-purpose consortium, based on established, tried and tested approaches.
The Toolkit is for those development workers who have, or will have in the future, responsibility for helping organisations develop consortia to improve their chances of successfully tendering for competitive contracts, and then delivering those contracts effectively.
The Consortium Toolkit Workshop will disseminate the Toolkit (copies of the toolkit will be made available on the day). The workshop will:
- Take you through a comprehensive tried and tested framework (based on the development of over 20 consortia nationally)
- Help you to explore the consortium business models that would be best suited to your particular set of circumstances
- Explain how you can develop (with the help of the toolkit templates) procedures, protocols and documentation to underpin the agreed business model
- Support you to identify the roles, responsibilities and actions for each of the consortium development stages
The seminars will be held on:
- 18th June: Sheffield
- 25th June: London
Both events will run from 10am to 4pm
To book click here: www.acevo.org.uk/consortiumseminars