The ACEVO North Advisory Panel supports, informs and acts as a consultative body for the work of ACEVO in the north.
The Advisory Panel meets with the ACEVO North team once a year to consider the overall direction of ACEVO's work in the north and is regularly consulted on membership and policy issues. Members of the Panel act as ambassadors for ACEVO's work in the north, supporth the growth of our networks and make connections with external stakeholders as appropriate.
If you are interested in getting involved in the work of the Advisory Panel please contact Jenny Berry, Director of ACEVO ACEVO North and Leadership Development.
Current members of the Advisory Panel are:
- Dr Mohammed Ali OBE, CEO, QED-UK
- Sharon Allen, CEO, Skills for Care (Vice Chair)
- Dianne Asher, CEO, Wirral Austistic Society
- Susan Bickerton, CEO, Norcare
- Gary Buxton, CEO, Young Advisors
- Tony Collins, CEO, Saint Michael’s Hospice (Chair)
- Angela Dinsdale, CEO, St. Cuthbert’s Hospice
- Lesley Dixon, CEO, Leeds University Union
- Paul Martin, CEO, The Lesbian and Gay Foundation
- Sir Bert Massie CBE, (Co-Opted)
- Rebecca Weinberg, CEO, Leeds Jewish Welfare Board
- Kate Welch, CEO, Acumen Development Trust
- Steve Woodford, CEO, Foundation Housing
The Advisory Panel was formerly established as the ACEVO North Steering Group on the basis of membership elections. You can access a copy of the Terms of Reference for the Advisory Panel here.
The group has no formal role in the governance of ACEVO but acts as a vehicle for member engagement sending regular papers to the ACEVO Board on an advisory basis. The Board has also co-opted Sharon Allen, CEO of Skills for Care as a representative of the ACEVO North Advisory Panel.