ACEVO Masterclass - Understanding the Numbers
Financial planning, developing and measurement in the Third Sector
A practical, hands-on workshop using examples and case studies with group discussion on topics relevant to the charity and social enterprise sector
Subjects covered will include:
- how to recognise and make the most of the resources you have
- the difference between management and statutory accounts
- key questions to have in mind as you look at pages of figures
- the importance of forecasting
- making sense of designated, restricted and unrestricted funds
- understanding depreciation in an easy to digest way
- setting practical budgets that will work for you
- the critical numbers at the heart of good financial management
Each delegate will be contacted before the workshop to gauge their level of financial understanding and to ensure any particular concerns are covered during the day.
This masterclass will be delivered by Hilary Seaward, who has over 20 years experience in Third Sector Finance. Hilary was the winner of the inaugural Adrian Randall Prize in 2013. She has spent this last year researching a long-standing interest: "How do you present financial information in a way that everyone can understand?"
This event is part of our Masterclass series. Each class is a stand-alone event, or can be completed in conjunction with others in the series. You can book to attend five events in the series for the price of four, contact email@example.com for more details.