South West CEO forum
Upcoming dates for the South West CEO forum
Please note you must login to the website to book your place. Open to ACEVO full members only.
- Date: Wednesday 25 September
- Time: 11:45 - 14:00
- Venue: The Waterfront, Welsh Back, Bristol BS1 4SB
Topic: Cyber security
Do you feel confident of managing a cyber attack on your charity? With many charities increasingly reliant on IT, losing access to that technology, having funds stolen or suffering a data breach through a cyber attack could be devastating, both financially and reputationally.
- 65% of charities (£500k+ income) recorded a breach or attack in 2018
- 40% of those charities reported attacks or breaches occurring at least once a month
- Fraudulent (phishing) emails occurred in 81% of affected charities
- Cost of a breach between £300 – £100,000, with an average of £9,470
Charity leaders have a pivotal role to play in improving the cyber security of their organisation. Fortunately, you don’t need to be a technical expert but you do need to know enough about cyber security to be able to have a fluent conversation with your IT staff.
Join us as we learn from the National Cyber Security Centre’s Charity Sector Engagement Lead on the right questions to ask and how to be confident the answers you are receiving are appropriate.
About the South West CEO forum
These meetings are an opportunity for ACEVO members to network locally, gain peer support and hear from specialist speakers on the issues that affect us all; leadership, governance, personal effectiveness, leading through change and managing the workforce.
These meetings are available to ACEVO full members only. If you are not an ACEVO member but are interested in finding out more, please email email@example.com.