Unconscious Bias half day training
- Date: Thursday 17 October
- Time: AM: 09:30-12:30 or PM:13:30-16:30
- Venue: Sarasin & Partners, Juxon House, 100 St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8BU
As the charity sector is increasingly concerned on tackling diversity and inclusion, it is important to understand unconscious bias so we can move forward and replace discussion with action. Unconscious biases are biases that we are often totally unaware of, but nevertheless, act upon. They influence decision-making in all aspects of life. We process a person's ethnicity, gender, age, size, looks, disability and other characteristics before we even know we've done it.
This will be a participative half-day workshop which is designed to introduce its participants to unconscious bias and help further the understanding of how bias is maintained and the impact it can have. Participants will come away with a clearer understanding of different types of bias and how they are maintained. The workshop will also explore strategies that can be used to de-bias.
Learning outcomes include:
- Greater understanding and awareness of the benefits of diversity and inclusion to organisations and performance.
- A greater understanding of the importance of inclusive recruitment and recruiting underrepresented communities.
- Understanding of one's own and commonly held biases and impact this may have within the organisation.
- Ability to identify key tools to help manage unconscious bias.