Head of Membership and Marketing
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead the membership and marketing team at ACEVO
ACEVO was set up by a group of charity chief executives to create a network for the exchange of good practice and discussion of the challenges the third sector faces. We are now the leading voice of the UK’s charity and social enterprise sector. ACEVO provides support and representation for members ranging from leaders of small community based organisations to those of the nation’s best known charity brands.
Through ACEVO, our members gain access to a range of networking and learning events; advice and development opportunities tailored to senior leadership roles; bespoke consultancy and solutions; and discounted professional services delivered by our partners.
We have a turnover of just under £2m, 22 staff and have offices in London and Leeds.
Overview of the role
To lead the membership and marketing team, implementing plans that deliver an increased retention of current members and recruitment of new members. Additionally, providing marketing support for other areas of ACEVO activity.
- Lead the development and delivery of a membership recruitment and retention strategy aligned with ACEVO’s plans for membership growth
- Work with the Director of Member Services to analyse recruitment and retention statistics, adjusting plans as necessary
- Develop and maintain effective membership processes, working closely with colleagues across ACEVO to champion high levels of customer service
- Undertake pro-active engagement activities with members and potential members
Marketing and communications
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing plans to support ACEVO’s activities and services including events, leadership development, policy activity and consultancy
- Oversee the delivery of ACEVO’s member communications
- Enhance ACEVO’s digital presence, including management of the website and use of social media
- Ensure consistent use of the ACEVO brand
- Manage and deliver ACEVO’s reciprocal and partner marketing arrangements
- Manage external agencies
- Provide leadership and management of the marketing and membership team; motivating, supporting and developing team members as well as managing performance.
- Direct line responsibility for Membership Officer and during busy periods, Marketing Intern
- Develop a proactive and results driven culture within the team, whilst promoting a collaborative approach to working with internal departments
- Manage the marketing and membership budget, ensuring resources are used effectively and deliver return on investment
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong marketing experience (qualification desirable) including developing and implementing integrated marketing plans
- Experience of working in a membership recruitment environment
- Experience of staff management
- Strategic thinking skills, combined with an practical hands on approach
- Empathy with the voluntary sector
Key skills/Personal qualities
- Good presentation skills, ability to represent ACEVO externally
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Ability to relate to and work with people at all levels
- A good level of IT literacy including use of databases
- Positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach
- A team player
- Flexible approach
- Travel within the UK may be required
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match those required to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 November 2014.
Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted. No agencies please.