Join our network of over 1,200 civil society CEOs and senior leaders and benefit from a whole range of services tailored to support and develop you as a leader. Because great leaders make the biggest difference.
- Regular local CEO Forums connect you directly with your peers in your area to build your network.
- Discuss the issues relevant to you and your organisation at our ACEVO special interest groups.
- Make your voice heard with key opinion formers and influencers.
- Discounted Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Join our online communities on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Keep up to date with our latest thinking, campaigns, events and services with our weekly Leader to Leader email.
- Free subscriptions to Third Sector and Charity Times magazines worth £125 and £79.
Learn and grow as a leader
- Develop your leadership skills with mentoring from experienced and respected charity CEOs.
- Benefit from our unique Coaching for Excellence scheme, tailored to your needs.
- Gain exclusive access to a suite of bespoke leadership development opportunities such as, personal development planning and 360° assessments.
- Read our practical guides for leadership and governance.
Get help when you need it most
- Advice and expertise from our corporate partners through free business advice lines.
- Head problems off at the pass with our confidential Governance Helpline.
- Access our CEO in Crisis helpline for legal and emotional support when times get really tough.
Stay informed on policy issues
- Connect with peers at our Special Interest Groups on health & social care, women in leadership, arts & heritage and faith-based charities.
- Access regular briefings on key policy issues affecting you.
- Work with us to give your organisation a voice to deliver change to support your mission.
- Engage with our current policy campaigns which are rooted in your needs and priorities.
Develop your board, your team and your organisation
- Ensure your organisation follows good governance through our one-day leadership learning programmes.
- Online guidance through our governance FAQs.
- Personal advice via our Governance Helpline.
- Member discounts to dedicated publications: Leading the CEO and chair to effective governance and A CEO's guide to board development.
- Develop your management team by signing them up to Senior Leader membership.
- Save money and time through our discounted Disclosure Barring Serve (DBS) checks service.
- Benefit from our corporate partners’ expertise ranging from employment law, pension and legal advice, to saving on your bills with the ACEVO Energy Basket.
Which membership is for you?
Full member: CEO (or equivalent) at charities and social enterprise. From £249, depending on your organisation's turnover
Affiliate member: CEO (or equivalent) at organisations with annual turnover under £150k. Just £95
Associate member: open to anyone with an interest in sector leadership, including chairs and trustees (but excluding for-profit organisations) From £209
Senior leader: for the next generation of social leaders preparing for the future role of CEO. From £95.
To join please create an account here. After completing the details section please go to manage your membership where you will be able to select the membership you wish to purchase. Or contact the Membership Team on email@example.com or 020 7014 4600
You can find the terms and conditions of membership here https://www.acevo.org.uk/terms-conditions
It has never been more important to find ways for leaders in our sector to connect, share good practice, support and indeed challenge each other. ACEVO helps provide this valuable function. I personally have found the regional forums and national links to the wider sector most useful.
Brendan Hill, CEO, Mental Health Concern