Join our network of over 1,200 civil society CEOs and senior leaders and benefit from a whole range of services tailored to support and develop you as a leader. Because great leaders make the biggest difference.
We offer help when you need it most
Being a CEO can sometimes be a lonely and difficult experience. We’re here to support you by providing everything from confidential advice and helplines to online and printed publications.
- Access our confidential CEO in Crisis service for practical, emotional and legal support when times get really tough.
- Our unique and bespoke 1-2-1 support service provides CEOs with advice and guidance on any issues they face in their role.
- Head problems off at the pass with our confidential Governance helpline.
- Online guidance through our governance FAQs.
- Member discounts to dedicated publications including: Leading the CEO and chair to effective governance.
- Benefit from advice and expertise from our corporate partners expertise through free business advice lines.
- Save money and time through our Discounted DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks.
- Discounted advertising on ACEVO jobs, the leading job site for civil society chief executives and senior leaders.
- Free subscription to Charity Times magazine (worth £79) and 20% off Third Sector magazine online and print subscription package.
Get connected and expand your network
We understand how vital networking is and our local forums and events provide you with opportunities to build key relationships with your peers.
- Regular local CEO forums connect you directly with your peers in your area to build your network.
- Discuss the issues relevant to you and your organisation at our special interest groups on health & social care, women in leadership, arts & heritage and faith-based charities.
- Our new member lunches provide you with an opportunity to meet with and build key relationships with other new members.
- Our annual conference brings together civil society leaders from charities and not-for-profits from around the UK for a day of peer learning and connecting.
- Join our online communities on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We enable you to grow as a leader
Wherever you are in your career, talk to us and we can help. Our leadership courses, coaching, mentoring and resources will support you with your personal development.
- Ensure your organisation follows good governance through our one-day leadership learning workshops.
- Develop your leadership skills with our mentoring matching service and learn from experienced and respected charity CEOs.
- Benefit from our unique Coaching for Excellence programme, tailored to your needs.
- Gain exclusive access to a suite of leadership development tools and resources including personal development planning and 360° assessments.
- Read our practical guides for leadership and governance.
We represent your interests
We work hard to ensure your voice is heard by opinion formers and influencers at the highest level by campaigning on key policy issues which reflect your needs and priorities.
- Engage with our current policy campaigns which are rooted in your needs and priorities.
- Access regular policy briefings to keep you up to date with changes in the voluntary sector affecting you.
- Keep up to date with our latest thinking, campaigns, events and services with our weekly Leader to Leader email.
Which membership is for you?
Full membership: CEO (or equivalent) at charities and social enterprise. From £249, depending on your organisation's turnover
Affiliate membership: CEO (or equivalent) at organisations with annual turnover under £150k. Just £95
Associate membership: open to anyone with an interest in sector leadership, including chairs and trustees (but excluding for-profit organisations) From £209
Senior leader membership: for the next generation of social leaders preparing for the future role of CEO. From £95.
To join please create an account here. After completing the details section please go to manage your membership where you will be able to select the membership you wish to purchase. Or contact the Membership Team on email@example.com or 020 7014 4600
You can find the terms and conditions of membership here https://www.acevo.org.uk/terms-conditions
It has never been more important to find ways for leaders in our sector to connect, share good practice, support and indeed challenge each other. ACEVO helps provide this valuable function. I personally have found the regional forums and national links to the wider sector most useful.
Brendan Hill, CEO, Mental Health Concern