Booking terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants at ACEVO events.
- ACEVO will confirm via email when they receive an online booking. One week prior to the event you will receive detailed event information. If you do not receive your event booking confirmation and detailed event information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants are expected to behave in a professional manner and respect diversity and equality while attending our events and to comply with the terms and conditions of host venues.
- ACEVO will not be responsible for any expenses or other liabilities incurred as a result of attending any ACEVO event or programme.
- Materials given to participants during an event are the intellectual property of ACEVO and the contents cannot be used reproduced, in full or part, without our prior written consent.
Fees, costs and membership
- For member only events we expect the attendee to be a current ACEVO member, both at the date of booking and the date of the event itself.
- If ACEVO cancels or postpones a paid for event you will receive a full refund. However we will not be responsible for travel, accommodation or any other related expenses incurred.
- Cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com. Cancellations received four weeks or more before the event are eligible for a 50% refund. Cancellations received less than four weeks before the event are not eligible for a refund.
- We are not able to offer refunds for cancellations arising from events outside of our control, including adverse weather conditions, flooding, or industrial action.
- We reserve the right to change the venue of the event to another venue in close proximity.
- If you are no longer able to attend a pre-booked event, it may be possible for you to transfer the place to another person within your organisation, subject to ACEVO's approval.
Limitation of liability
As far as legally permitted, ACEVO will not be liable for breach of contract, negligence, consequential loss, or otherwise as a result of action taken or not taken on the basis of information or advice provided in an ACEVO event or programme.
ACEVO is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have any queries relating to the use of your data, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If taking part in an ACEVO event, you are agreeing that we may use your data for the following purposes:
- We will use your contact details to send you information relating to the event you have booked and to request feedback.
- We may publish your name, job title, organisation and event attended within the participant group and as part of our promotional materials.
- We may use your contact details to send you information about other courses, events and activities we offer.
Except in connection with the activities described above or where required to do so by law, we will not share your data to third parties without your permission.
Filming and photography
Some of our events are photographed and/or filmed. Attendees' images may be used on our website and in marketing materials. If you do not want to be filmed or photographed, or you do not give permission for your image to be used please email email@example.com
Last updated 22 August 2017