Merger surgeries: understanding the legal issues to plan for a successful merger or de-merger
A successful merger can be of huge benefit to both your organisation and its beneficiaries, enabling two organisations to become greater than the sum of their parts and achieve more impact with substantially lower costs. But sometimes circumstances necessitate a de-merger. Hempsons, the charity and social enterprise law firm, is offering free 40-minute surgeries to help you understand how to navigate the tricky legal and strategic issues involved in planning a merger or de-merger.
The tailor-made surgeries will provide senior leaders with an opportunity to have their queries answered by legal experts. These will be held via teleconference, Skype or face-to-face at Hempsons’ London office. There are a limited number of slots and they’ll be allocated on a first come first served basis, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to reserve a place.
You may wish to cover:
• How to decide whether a merger is right for your organisation
• Common barriers and pitfalls
• Examples of different types of mergers and the pros and cons
• Understanding the due diligence process
• How to navigate the implementation and post-merger integration
• When the best option may be to de-merge and how to go about it
The surgeries will be held with Hempsons partner Ian Hempseed between 9 and 19 July 2018.