Hempsons, the charity and social enterprise law firm, is offering free 40-minute surgeries run by members of its charities team to help you understand how to navigate the tricky legal and strategic issues involved in a merger or collaboration.
Covid-19 is forcing many charities to look at how they can meet the growing need for their services at a time of uncertain or reduced resources and merger or collaboration may be options. The possibilities should not be extinguished by barriers which are more perceived than real.
During the session which will be tailor-made to your issues you may wish to cover:
- Common barriers and pitfalls and how to overcome them
- Examples of different structures of mergers and the pros and cons
- Understanding the due diligence process
- Can we merge without Charity Commission involvement?
- How to navigate the implementation and post-merger integration
- What you need to know about your partners
- Do you have the power to enter a collaboration?
- How do you structure a collaboration?
- Ensuring robust governance
- Allocating intellectual property
- Deciding on the responsibilities and liabilities of partners
- Safeguarding against partner failure and reputational damage
- Refreshing existing collaborations
The tailor-made surgeries will be held in August and September via a Teams video call. It will provide senior leaders with an opportunity to have their queries answered by legal experts. There are a limited number of slots and they’ll be allocated on a first come first served basis, so please fill this questionnaire if you would like to reserve a place.
Places are limited, so make sure you don’t miss out.