Celebrating and investing in inspirational leaders.
2018 ACEVO Fellowship winners:
- Arti Sharma, deputy chief executive, City Year UK
- Becky Aldridge, chief executive, Dorset Mental Health Forum
- Janet Thorne, chief executive, Reach Volunteering
- Jolanta Lasota, chief executive, Ambitious About Autism
- Kevin Kibble, chief executive, Nurture Group Network
ACEVO Fellowships were awarded to those whose work had been identified by their peers as outstanding, and whose achievements deserve greater recognition. Its purpose was to support and nurture some of the best talent in the sector and the winners were chosen because of their commitment, drive, vision and hunger to learn more.
Each Fellow received a fully funded bursary place on the Leadership Trust’s flagship Leadership in Management Programme worth £4,200; a personalised development plan; an ACEVO mentor; a free place at the ACEVO annual conference; a pack of ACEVO publications and a year’s free membership.
The judging panel: Jenny Berry, director of leadership and governance, ACEVO, Kate Welch, CEO, Social Enterprise Acumen and ACEVO trustee, John Knight, CEO, Loros and Leadership Trust Foundation trustee, Rokaiya Khan, CEO, Together Women and previous winner of the ACEVO Fellowship Awards.
ACEVO Fellowships were delivered in partnership with The Leadership Trust Foundation and Leadership Trust. We would like to thank the Leadership Trust for its support of the Fellowships and its key contribution to ACEVO’s wider leadership development offer. The Leadership Trust Foundation is an educational charitable trust which has delivered public benefit through research, thought leadership, influencing and training – all contributing to better leadership understanding and improved leadership practices since 1975.
- Mark Pemberton, director, Association of British Orchestras
- Sarah Robbins, CEO, Springfield Project
- Jan Hutchinson, director of programmes, Centre for Mental Health
- Dr James Cusack, director of science, Autistica
- John Schless, CEO, Students Union University of Greenwich
- Gail Gibbons, CEO, Sheffield Futures
- Adrian Ramsey, CEO, CAT
- Anita Grover, CEO, Auditory Verbal UK
- Jane Blake
Trish McGrath, CEO, AberSU
- Judi Rhys, CEO, Arthritis Care
- Emma Williams, executive director, PTA UK
- Othman Moqbel, CEO, Human Appeal International
- John Rendel, CEO, PEAS
- Sarah Collis, director, Self Help UK
- Seb Elsworth, director of partnerships and communications (Deputy CEO), SIB
- Maria McNicholl, head of prison projects, St Giles Trust
- Daryl Ormerod, CEO, University of Cumbria Students’ Union
- Abdurahman Sharif, executive director, Muslim Charities Forum
- Jeremy Taylor, CEO, National Voices
- Daniel Brookbank, CEO, East Sussex Blind
- Ed Moss, CEO, Young Advisors
- Anil Patil, CEO – Carers Worldwide
- Ruth Wells, CEO, Mind Exeter and East Devon
- Jane Stafford, Director, Child Dynamix
- James Cathcart, CEO, British Youth Council
- Kevin Cheung, CEO, Food Cycle
- Tracey Bleakley, CEO, Personal Finance Education Group
- Rokaiya Khan, CEO, Together Women, Yorkshire and Humberside (Emerging Leader Award)
- Rowina Lewis, director of fundraising and supporter relations, Gingerbread