Discounted DBS checks and pre-employment service
Efficient online DBS vetting and screening for recruitment
Enhanced DBS - Basic DBS - Right to work - DVLA check - Adverse credit - Identity check
Six checks one tool, screening made easy!
ACEVO DBS vetting and screening service powered by uCheck allows you to efficiently process multiple screening checks in a matter of minutes. From the dashboard that provides the progress of each check at a glance, to the full reporting suite, the uCheck solution is a complete screening management system, tracking each stage a check is at and providing a repository of all results to refer back to.
Enhanced DBS £48.80 incl. vat l Basic DBS £29.80 incl. vat
- The challenges: Holdups in DBS processing can be painful and halt recruitment, delaying bringing staff on-board and getting teams to full strength. That impacts your charity.
- Our solution: we remove as many problems as possible before they cause a delay. With prompts, guidance and data verified at time of entry, it avoids DBS checks being rejected due to avoidable entry errors. Our average turnaround time to complete a DBS check is 48 hours, our record is 61 minutes.
Right to work £3.60 incl. vat
- The challenges: Employing someone who has no Right to Work in the UK not only carries fines or a prison sentence, but the public nature of fines means the press jump on any story with resulting brand reputation damage.
- Our solution: Integration with specialist systems mean passports, biometric residence permits and national ID cards from most countries are verified in 5 minutes to 1 hour.
Identity check £3.60 incl. vat
- The challenge: Identity is a foundational issue and identify fraud is a growing problem. If you’ve been given the wrong identity information then all other checks become meaningless, since they are checks on the wrong person.
- Our solution: Real-time live checks of online databases including the electoral roll, death register, telephone lists and credit reference agencies.
Adverse credit £3.60 incl. vat
- The challenges: Do you have to give some employees access and control of cash, bank accounts and other valuables? Whilst the majority of employees have high morals and are totally trustworthy, putting the wrong person in charge could potentially lead to financial fraud and stealing in the workplace.
- Our solution: An adverse credit check shows you if someone has experienced some types of financial issue previously. A check is made for evidence of a IVA/CCJ or bankruptcy. Loan and credit data is not shown as this can’t be legally shared. It takes just 5 minutes to 1 hour to issue a result. The details provided in the case of any issue includes dates and amounts, allowing you to make a fair decision about risk.
- The challenges: Do you have any staff or volunteers who drive on behalf of your charity? Even if it’s just occasionally. Your responsibility isn’t just for professional drivers, which means you need to know if your people can drive legally.
- Our solution: Simple applicant consent allows checks and re-checks to be performed. The consent lasts 3 years and can be renewed. The information provided includes convictions offences, penalty points and the categories of the vehicle the employee is permitted to drive. The results are available in 5 minutes to 1 hour
ACEVO members get free access to uCheck’s online platform (usually £19.95 plus vat)
What ACEVO members say:
I am a regular user of the ACEVO DBS online service. The platform is very user-friendly and product selection, workflow and navigation are all self-explanatory. The online support is excellent, every member of this team have been approachable, professional and effective. I have used other online platforms in the past and I would thoroughly recommend your service - Alison Smith, The Country Trust
I have found the service incredibly user-friendly and it has made checking our volunteers and new staff much quicker than before. Often we receive next day results and thus the recruitment process is much more efficient than using a paper application system - Kathryn, Institute of Imagination
If you’re already an uCheck customer, ask your account manager to switch you to the ACEVO offer.
- Key benefits of using our online vetting service
- Quick and easy registration – you could be submitting your applications online today.
- A simple online process which takes less than five minutes to request a disclosure.
- Hassle-free administration with virtually no queries.
- Fast turnaround – enhanced disclosures completed in as little as 24 hours.
- All users benefit from access to the best rates regardless of the number of checks your organisation performs.
- Cheaper rate
Our online system allows two users from each organisation to request disclosures and have access to results. If an organisation requires more than two users there is a small charge of £1.00 + VAT per additional user.
For details on how you can get started, please call Tori Bulley on 0843 178 0818 or email Tori.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the service click here
If you would like to access this service but are not an ACEVO member please contact the membership team.
A guide to eligibility can be downloaded here.