Good governance is a vital part of how third sector organisations operate and are held accountable. Having an effective board is key to ensuring you can deliver your responsibilities as a leader.
How can we help?
We offer a wide range of support to ensure our members governance is strong enough to see their organisations through the good and bad times. Our support is as follows:
Practical tools and resources
- Our publications provide you with practical advice and tools to ensure your governance is fit for purpose. Our more popular publications on Leading the CEO and Chair to Effective Governance and Navigating through a crisis in your CEO and Chair relationship provide best practice advice on developing a constructive relationship with your Chair.
- Our early warnings and ten ways to keep your job guides give you top tips on how to work effectively with your board to avoid a crisis happening.
- Our governance FAQs will answer most of the popular questions about governance.
Disounts and special offers
- As an ACEVO member you can get an exclusive 33% discount on Leading Governance website membership. This includes access to practical templates and guidance notes which you can use to develop your own bespoke governance manual.
- Get an exclusive members discount to attend our one day learning events. Facilitated by leading Governance experts, these events will provide you with practical support on how to get the most out of your board.
One to one support
- If you need extra support our confidential Governance helpline provides a safe space for you to talk through any issues or concerns about governance processes. We offer advice on issues such as improving communication, defining responsibilities or managing problems with your board.
For more information on Governance support through ACEVO, contact email@example.com or call 020 7014 4600.
ACEVO is our organisation, regularly punching above its weight and supporting CEO's to be the best we can be for the benefit of the people our organisations support and employ.
Sharon Allen, CEO, Skills for Care