Our partners complement our range of benefits, and offer free advice and consultations so you can try out their services and get to know them better.
Check our supplier directory to get to know them better. Below it’s a list of free services delivered by our partners to our members:
- Hempsons’ legal surgeries: diversification of income
- Health and Social Care advice line from Hempsons
- One hour of business advice by Eastside People
- Set of charity IT policy templates that can be customised as required from Smartdesc
- Pensions and employee benefits helpline from Secondsight
- Phone call of up to 10 minutes on all matters legal (excluding Employment Law) from BDB Pitmans
- One session of telephone advice from the Worknest’s Employment Law Helpline
- One session of telephone advice from the Worknest’s Health & Safety Helpline
- A 30-minute conversation with one of the communications experts at Forster Communications
- Book a free review of your insurance protection and risks from a senior broker and adviser at Access Insurance
- Call Handling Services offers a free consultation appointment to discuss the process of achieving the highest standard of a contact centre customer experience tailored to your organisation
Brewin Dolphin is one of the largest charity investment managers in the UK and Ireland, with nine specialist teams managing over £3.5 billion for more than 1,600 charities.
Whether you want to invest for income, growth or total return, to secure your organisation’s future, we are here to help your charity achieve its goals – while being mindful of your responsibilities.
A typical consultation might include discussions on:
- investment options
- charity regulatory guidelines on investment
- investment policy
- management of reserves
- types of investment solutions available
- realistic investment forecasts in coming years
How we work together
Every one of our charity clients are different in their objectives and requirements. We take time to understand each organisation’s unique circumstances, financial objectives, risk appetite and ethical considerations, before building a portfolio tailored to a charity’s specific needs and actively manage this through time.
A direct relationship
- Our investment managers and administration team will get to know your charity and needs
- Specialist teams across the UK and Ireland available to support you
A service tailored to your charity
- No ties to in-house funds
- Managed under a retail agreement, offering greater regulatory protection
- Strategies aligned to the charitable principles of each organisation and their ethical and ESG requirements
Dedicated to supporting charity trustees for the long term
- Long-term view on investments and the macro environment
- Guided and advised by our in-house Research Team
Added value from charity experts
- Investment Policy Statement guidance
- Training, seminars and networking events for trustees and executives
We pride ourselves on the strong and lasting relationships that we build with charity executives and trustees in helping them meet their financial goals.
For more information, please contact Ruth Murphy, Head of Charity Development
Direct line: 0203 201 3924 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The value of investments and any income from them can fall and you may get back less than you invested. Information is provided only as an example and is not a recommendation to pursue a particular strategy. We will only be bound by specific investment restrictions which have been requested by you and agreed by us.
Action Planning is pleased to offer all ACEVO members a free 30 minute telephone consultation on any legal issues affecting your charity (excluding employment, conveyancing and dispute resolution). To make use of this offer, please contact David Kirby on 020 3920 8399 or at email@example.com.
David Kirby is a charity solicitor with more than ten years’ experience in the sector. He qualified as a solicitor in 2007 and shortly after joined the Charity Commission as a legal advisor. He then moved to Samaritans where he worked as Head of Governance & Legal. In 2016, David founded his own legal practice with the aim of providing access to high quality, specialist legal advice at affordable fees. David is also an associate consultant at Action Planning, with access to the expertise and support of its wide network of charity sector professionals.
What is on offer
The legal advice helpline is available for advice across a wide range of areas including:
- Incorporations, mergers and restructures
- Constitutional reviews and amendments
- Commercial and business issues
- Governance and compliance matters
- Contracts and procurement
- Grant agreements and fundraising
- Liaison with the Charity Commission and other regulators
Please contact David today to arrange your free consultation.
+44 (0) 20 3920 8399