leadership worth sharing
Six reasons to join ACEVO:
Being a CEO can sometimes be a lonely and difficult experience. We’re here to support you by providing confidential advice and helplines.
- Our bespoke one-to-one member advice will support you in any point in your CEO role, answer your queries, point you in the right direction or put you in touch with a colleague or peer who has relevant experience.
- Our members have access to the ACEVO Community, an online hub, where they ask and offer advice as well as start and engage in conversations on any relevant topics. It’s our own social media, a safety net you can rely on.
- Benefit from the expertise of our corporate partners through free business advice lines.
- Good governance is a vital part of how civil society organisations operate and are held accountable. Our free governance advice line can help you tackle issues such as improving communication, defining responsibilities and managing problems with your board.
- We offer a wide range of governance resources which you will find useful when considering your relationship with your board.
- Access our confidential CEO in Crisis service for practical, emotional and legal support when times get really tough.
- TCM Group offers ACEVO members a discounted workplace mediation service to resolve complex and challenging disputes between CEOs, staff teams and boards.
- Be supported by an experienced charity CEO through our mentoring matching service.
Wherever you are in your career, talk to us and we can help. Our leadership courses, coaching, mentoring and programmes will support you with your personal development.
- Developed with our members for our members, our set of leadership competencies support CEOs in adapting to the challenges of running civil society organisations the 21st century.
- Our series of leadership learning workshops are designed to strengthen your leadership skills and expertise and cover all aspects of the CEO role.
- Henley Business School offers free coaching to ACEVO members who may meet their coach from once only to up to 10 times across a year.
- First Position Performance Development has designed a one to one Coaching for Excellence programme only available to ACEVO members. Tailor made to boost individual performance and address specific barriers which are holding you back, these focused sessions are completed at your own pace, over either a six or 12 month period.
- Develop your own leadership development plan using the tools we have created which can be used on your own, with a mentor, coach or supported by ACEVO’s director of leadership and governance.
- For anyone wanting to develop their leadership skills, the benefits of feedback from colleagues are almost universally acknowledged. ACEVO members can access discounted 360◦ assessments to help them improve their performance.
We understand how vital networking is and our forums and events across the country provide you with opportunities to build key relationships, expand your network and connect with your peers.
- Regular regional CEO forums connect you directly with your peers in your area to build your network.
- Our new member lunches provide you with an opportunity to meet with and build key relationships with other new members.
- Our annual conference brings together leaders from across civil society and from around the UK for a day of peer learning and connecting.
Our range of online and printed resources aid sector leaders in both their organisational and personal development. Topics range from board governance to well-being and from finance to career development and everything in between.
- In our Leadership Worth Sharing podcast, ACEVO CEO Vicky Browning has lively conversations with other charity CEOs about their personal leadership experiences.
- Publications, reports and member briefings
- Our Leader to Leader e-newsletter summarises what you need to know on a weekly basis.
- Free subscription to Charity Times magazine and discounted Third Sector magazine.
- Online social media communities.
We work hard to ensure your voice is heard by opinion formers and influencers at the highest level by campaigning on key policy issues which reflect your needs and priorities.
- Engage with our current policy campaigns which are rooted in your needs and priorities.
- Regular policy briefings & responses keep you up to date with changes in the voluntary sector affecting you.
We are proud to partner with a range of corporate organisations which share our vision of encouraging effective and inspiring civil society leadership.
- Save money and time through our discounted DBS and pre-employment checks.
- ACEVO’s Utility Scheme has been specifically designed to be used by all organisations, regardless of size. Run by Energycentric, it achieves significant savings through a group buying utility contract.
- Discounted advertising on ACEVO jobs, the leading job site for civil society chief executives and senior leaders.
- Many of our corporate partners supply goods and services to charities and social enterprises and are pleased to offer our members preferential rates and discounts.